Saturday, November 24, 2007

Gracias


I am thankful for:

my daddy - it would take more than an entire post to say why. Words simply cannot express it. He is one of God's greatest gifts to me.

my mama - she goes to great lengths seeking happiness and goodness for me, even when I do not appreciate her.

my sister - I can honestly say, at this point in my life, she is my best friend.

my puppy - she snuggles with me no matter what I'm wearing. she is unconditional puppy love. ha. :)

my community group and church - they even show up to eat with me on the day after Thanksgiving, when I would otherwise have been alone. I couldn't have asked for better friends.

my grandparents are still alive - there is something so joyful in the experience of interacting with those who came before me. I learn so much.

the measure of peace and contentment God has granted to me at this very moment. Knowing what it is to be without it, I am most grateful to be where I am.

a roof over my head, food on my table, a warm bed, and much needed rest.

I am thankful for many other things, which are all competing in my mind to make it into this list. But these are the basics, and the only ones that will make it into the blog at approximately 1:44 am.

Thank you, Jesus, for being you, for who you are - for loving me and giving me renewed life and making me your dwelling place.

(Photo by Cheese Roc)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how honest you are when you say this:

the measure of peace and contentment God has granted to me at this very moment. Knowing what it is to be without it, I am most grateful to be where I am.

I wonder if we'd appreciate things like peace if we sometimes had it held back from us, if just for a moment.

Anonymous said...

...I meant "if we sometimes hadn't had it held back from us"

joy said...

i love that you thanked Jesus that you were His dwelling place. i think sometimes i forget that i am this, too. thanks for reminding me.

Melissa said...

Jenelle,

I think you may be right - I know that I am more grateful now for moments of peace now than when, in hindsight, it seems there was an abundance.

ps - i love your new dress. :)

Anonymous said...

[blushes]