Thursday, November 08, 2007

chocolate is a no brainer...


Well, I've decided to have a dinner party. I know, I am usually the anal, "my house has to be perfect before I can entertain people" type of person, but I've finally come to the realization that it just ain't gonna happen anytime during this lifetime, so I might as well just be hospitable with what I have. I'm having 12 of my favorite girlfriends over on Saturday night. It should be a good time. I fully intend to cook a fantastic dinner too. Here is what is on the menu so far.

SECRET DINNER INGREDIENT: Slow roasted tomatoes. I got this great recipe from Fine Cooking. You roast the tomatoes for about 4 hours and then you can do all sorts of things with them.

1st Course: Crostinis- options include a goat cheese/roasted tomato/pesto/pine nut dip, or whole roasted tomatoes topped with portabella mushroomsand feta. mmmmm.

2nd Course: Spinach Basil Salad tossed with, (you guessed it) roasted tomatoes, bacon, candied walnuts and lemon rosemary vinegrette made with roasted tomato oil. Yum.

3rd Course: Homemade ravioli filled with a parmigiana/butternut squash filling, topped with sauce made with (what else?) roasted tomatoes and fresh basil.

4th Course: Dessert. Except, here is where I run into a dilemma. I can't decide!!! I do know this, it must be chocolate. Chocolate is a no-brainer for a girls night. But I have so many options how can I choose? So, I've decided to try out one of Nelly's cool blogpolls to let the readers decide.

(Photo by Su-lin)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I do slow roasted tomatoes all the time! I buy 6 lbs at a time whenever they're on sale, roast them the following weekend, and then freeze them until I need to make something fast. Slow-roasted tomato soup (just tomatoes and low-sodium broth in the food processor) is an oft-used quickie before Campaigners!

Melissa said...

Melissa,
That sounds YUM! I will keep that recipe tucked away to use with all my leftover slow-roasted tomatoes! Thanks! :)

joy said...

ok so really south carolina is just the next state over...you sure you don't want to make that guest count 13? haha...

Jenelle said...

look at you, using polls and Flickr photos and hosting amazing dinner parties!

Sensei said...

Sounds delizioso.

brittany said...

im excited! so much so that i actually voted on the poll! yay.