Wednesday, October 10, 2007

O Nelly Where Art Thou?



Once upon a macintosh,
There was a Nelly who liked to write.
She posted blogs most every day.
She wrote with all her might.

She was a stream of creativity,
A fountain full of mirth.
She made me want to write as well.
So came my blog to birth.

At first it was a difficult task,
To write with grace and wit.
But Nelly read on faithfully,
And never let me quit.

She became my favorite reader.
She was the only one.
She always left me comments,
And made blogging much more fun.

But then one day she flew away,
To California far.
Now she rides a shiny bike,
And never got a car.

Days went by and then a week,
And no posts from her were seen.
I missed ol' Nelly's witty blog.
I missed it in my spleen!

And so dear lonely paper,
With reader only one.
I write these words to help me find,
My Nelly on the run.

So, Nelly if you can hear me,
Stop your writer's slack!!
My blog and I both miss you.
Please come back, come back, come back! :(
(props to Paul Bailey for digitally enhancing the milk carton with Nelly's face.)

6 comments:

Jenelle said...

I...I...I am so touched, I don't know what to say. You've written me an ode and put my face on a milk-carton! I am pretty much blushing. Obrigada to the highest.

Alana said...

That was so absolutely awesome... i loved it! You don't know me and I don't know you, but I read Nelly's blog and it referenced me to yours today... way to go! We all need to be keeping each other writing!
~ Maureen

joy said...

you don't know me either, but that was spectacular! nice work!

Melissa said...

Thanks to all your lovely comments! And thanks to nelly for sending all the commenters my way! :) but more importantly, thanks for coming back to blog-land nelly! ;-)

Jenelle said...

Prego. How could I not return, with a post like that from you?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, this is too cute!

I was getting worried about the Nellers. Thought maybe Fuller had finished her off. Or the culture shock of LA.

I'm glad she has resurfaced!

Thanks for your help in smoking her out.