Thursday, October 11, 2007

i heart goat cheese


Today was a beautiful fall day. So beautiful that it was really hard to stay inside at work all day when I wanted to go outside. I passed much of the time during the afternoon contemplating what to eat for dinner. I really love eating so this is something that occupies my time on a regular basis. Since I'm trying to eat healthy, I couldn't just go eat fast food or something pre-made and bad for me. Then I made my mistake. I went to the grocery store. Word to the wise: never go to the grocery store when you're hungry without a list. You just end up deciding you want to eat everything and then you buy stuff accordingly. Well, I didn't do quite so bad, but I did end up with a hodge-podge of foods which didn't exactly go well together when I got home. For example, here are some things I bought:

Fresh Salmon
spaghetti sauce
Alfredo sauce
goat cheese
lemons
golden raisins
pasta
wine
Parmesan cheese
Fine cooking magazine on appetizers

I ended up broiling the salmon, which I only ate half of.
I cooked some broccoli that I had at home, with some of the Parmesan cheese on top.
To top it all off I baked half of the goat cheese with honey, almonds, and raisins and ate it on kashi crackers complemented by a glass of white wine.

I quickly discovered, that the only thing I wanted to eat for dinner was the goat cheese. I didn't finish my half of my salmon, and I ate all the broccoli for good measure. But man, if I could get away with it I would just eat goat cheese for dinner. So much for being healthy right? :)

I'm so glad God created goats. They can be so cute and cuddly sometimes, but mostly, I just heart their cheese.

No comments: