Saturday, July 26, 2008

Absence Makes the Blog Grow Fonder...

Well party people, after a bit of a hiatus from blogging, I'm finally back. I found it ironically fitting that I should re-christen my blog by posting on the eve of my departure to Santa Fe, New Mexico for a week of creative muscle flexing. For those of you who do not already know about my adventure, get ready to be jealous. I'm attending the Glen Workshop where I get to learn about writing and music with Over the Rhine, as well as mingle with other writers, artists and musicians for 7 solid days.

Nelly and Brittany have insisted that I LIVE-BLOG this week, so I will do my best to keep up a daily report (with pictures) of all my goings-on and whether or not Linford, Karin and I are BFF yet. :)

In all seriousness though, I am thoroughly looking forward to this vacation. I've been so overwhelmed with work and life the last few months that I've run myself into the ground. I'm praying that this week will be a time to recharge my batteries -- physically, spiritually, emotionally and creatively. I'd covet your prayers as well for these things. Perhaps when I return I won't neglect my blog or my writing as much. Maybe I will follow Nelly's example and get my blog a new dress when I get back. Maybe she'd like a sassy southwestern outfit from Santa Fe.

Now, I really must be going. My ride for the airport leaves at 5 A.M. tomorrow morning and I haven't started packing yet. :)

(Photo by Rainer Ebert)

2 comments:

joy said...

santa fe is one of my very favorite cities in all the country. i lived there for a summer. soak in the culture. it's a very spiritual one. eat at blue corn cafe and brewery. one of my favorite restaurants. take lots of pictures. i miss the scenery deep down in my heart. santa fe is amazing. have an amazing time.

brittany said...

ahhhh you're finally meeting OtR! i am so so excited for you this week and demand many pictures and funny stories and crazy moments of fangirly joy.