Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Haiku Tuesday: Clouds

In an attempt to broaden and stretch my wordy horizons and discipline myself to think creatively and write things down, I will be gradually introducing some new practices into my writer's diet. The first new practice is to write a Haiku once a week, on Tuesdays. I'm taking my inspiration from Nelly's Streams for Sunday, and I may end up creating other "days of the week" writing tasks as I think of them. (And if Nelly will allow, I may start streaming on Sundays too at some point...) :) So, here is the beginning of Haiku Tuesday. Enjoy.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I allow more streams! I am most honored. And I am particularly blushing that you have four posts in the "nelly" category, which is one more than in the "over the rhine" category.

Great honest Haiku. Writing exercises are really healthy, I think.

joy said...

i was never a fan of haikus, because i can't restrict myself to so few words. but this one is really really good. i like it. it totally works. good job :)