Monday, May 23, 2005

Army of Pink Shirts...

Well, I'm going to try to be faithful to yet another new blog. For some reason I haven't been able to keep these things up, but I so enjoy reading everyone else's that I can't help but continue to start over on my own.

i finally got around to one of the more mundane tasks that i should have done weeks ago. Organizing my clothes. Go ahead, laugh... yes i know, only MEL could spend a good portion of the afternoon organizing clothes because I have enough to clothe a small african villiage i'm sure. None the less, they were starting to creep out of the closet, the dresser, and the storage boxes into my bedroom/kitchen/livingroom (which is really all one room) and i was beginning to feel a bit clostrophobic. The difficulty with actually going through the process of organizing your clothes is that it requires a major seasonal committment. Now, when you live in a country like Germany, as I do, you never can tell what season it actually is. For example, Friday was quite chilly and cloudy and windy. I wore jeans and a sweatshirt. Saturday was sunny, warm and beautiful. I wore a tank top and a skirt and felt like laying out for a bit. But then Sunday it rained and hailed and thundered and it's gotten chilly again. Tomorrow its supposed to be sunny. I can't decide if its summer or winter!!

Either way I had to do it. So i opted for summer, in hopes that the weather will change in my favor. Once I got into the organizing groove, I started trying everything on, and to my surprise actually fit into some old cute clothes that I thought I'd grown out of. go me. :) then just to spice it up a bit, i decided to categorize them in my closet and I even ended up color coding them! It looks like a rainbow threw up in my closet, but I like it! I think I'll call it: Rainbow Row. It has a nice mel-ish ring to it I think. At least now I don't have to share my room with the army of pink shirts that was beginning to invade...
good night

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

Mel, I appreciate that you could make organizing your closet a prophetic exercise calling forth summer!